SAN DIEGO–()–Whether you use a smart phone or a tablet, an expanded suite of TurboTax® mobile apps makes it simple and convenient for taxpayers to easily and accurately prepare and e-file a return, estimate their taxes and track their tax refund.
TurboTax, the nation’s leading tax software from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq:INTU), was the first to offer full tax preparation and e-filing directly from a mobile device. Unlike other tax apps, TurboTax apps are specifically designed and optimized, for a true mobile user experience.
TurboTax apps combine the unparalleled ease of TurboTax with the convenience and portability of mobile devices so that taxpayers feel confident their taxes are done right, while guiding taxpayers step-by-step to their maximum tax refund.
- SnapTax: Designed for taxpayers with a simple return (1040EZ), SnapTax was the first mobile app to allow users to completely prepare and e-file a federal and state return from their iPhone or Android device. SnapTax is easy, accurate and secure and lets users snap a photo of their W-2 with the camera in their phone and then, automatically transfers information right onto their tax return. Taxpayers then answer a few simple questions, review their return and tap “File My Taxes” to e-file in minutes.
- TurboTax for iPad: Improved for tax year 2011, TurboTax for iPad, now includes the ability to easily transfer information from a prior year return and automatically import income information directly from 400,000 employers, banks and financial institutions. Free one-on-one tax advice from highly-qualified tax experts is now available to users of TurboTax for iPad and SnapTax as well.
- TaxCaster: Now available for iPad as well as iPhone and Android devices, TaxCaster is a free and easy way to estimate a tax refund. With this interactive and engaging app, customers can quickly and easily enter information using visual icons and sliders to see where they stand before they file.
- MyTaxRefund: After e-filing, any taxpayer can check the status of both their federal and state tax returns with this free and easy mobile app available now for iPad, as well as iPhone, Android devices. MyTaxRefund addresses the questions taxpayers have after they file around when their returns are accepted and when to expect to receive their federal tax refund based on IRS projections
- TurboTax Card Mobile: Free to TurboTax customers who choose to receive their refund on a TurboTax Prepaid Visa® Card, the TurboTax Card Mobile app is available for both iPhone and Android devices. The app allows customers to track their federal refund, activate their card, check their balance and transactions, locate ATMs and more.
TurboTax Online products are also accessible to mobile users.
All TurboTax online products, including Free Edition, are now compatible when accessing through a browser on the iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire, iPad and other tablets. With an improved mobile experience, customers using a browser can move between their mobile device and their computer giving them more freedom and choice to prepare their taxes whenever and wherever they want.
Pricing and Availability
All apps from TurboTax are free to download. TurboTax for iPad and SnapTax customers pay when they are done. SnapTax includes both federal and state preparation for $19.99. TurboTax for iPad customers begin using TurboTax Deluxe, for $29.99, and based on their tax situation, can choose TurboTax Premier or TurboTax Home & Business for an additional cost. State tax preparation is additional. All pricing for mobile apps is subject to change and includes e-file at no additional cost. Available on the App Store, Android Market or Amazon Appstore for Android.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit’s leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services helps banks and credit unions grow by providing on-demand solutions and services that make it easier for consumers and businesses to manage their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.9 billion in its fiscal year 2011. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
Intuit, the Intuit logo and TurboTax, among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.